The 100th day of school is right around the corner for my (Jennifer’s) children -9 more days! – so I’m told. Most schools do some form of counting to 100 activities leading up to the “big” day.
Here are some actvities we’ve experienced in our school. Always a fun day for a blah month in the midwest!
- Math: Teach grouping, tally marks, Roman numerals, written numbers, and more.
- PE: How long is 100 seconds? What can you do in that amount of time? sit ups, push ups, jumping jacks. Great for indoor recess too!
- Science: Predicitons… how long will it take me to: select age appropriate activites and use stop watches. Predict what weighs 100 grams/kilograms (metric system) or pounds/ounces (standard system).
- Social Studies: What happened 100 years ago in time? What do you think 100 years in the future will be like?
- Language Arts: Write about “what would you do with $100?” or 100 _____?
- Reading: Read a book that was written 100 years ago.
- Music: Sing songs from 100 years ago.
The ideas are endless! We have some more ideas and down-loadables on our Pinterest page as well. Check it out! Happy 100th Day!